Monday, October 11, 2010

A weekend with a 15 year old


Well, technically, we don't need our 15 year old niece with us for an excuse to go to Dewey's Pizza to check out the seasonal pizza, but why not? Currently, it's the Tipitina, named after the music venue in New Orleans. Those who know me know that I would rather live in a box on the street in New Orleans than pretty much anywhere else, so I couldn't resist. The pizza was described on the menu as thus: A Sundried Tomato and Olive Tapenade Base, Mozzarella and Fontina Cheeses, Ham, Pepperoni, Prosciutto, Roasted Red Peppers, Oregano, Sesame Seeds and Banana Peppers after the Bake.

I didn't taste any olive tapenade, but it was good anyway.

Previously in the day, we went to Ikea with Ryan's Brother and sister-in-law so that they could pick up furniture for their new baby. I bought one thing, gingerbread toffee. It was awesome. I bought because I thought it was going to be gingerbread toffee coated almonds like they sell at festivals, but it was just toffee.



Then we went to Jungle Jim's. Ugh. I cannot begin to describe how awesome Jungle Jim's is. It's a grocery store like no other. They have every international grocery item you've never imagined. When I go there, I like to pick up something new. For instance, I picked out some mochi. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not jelly candy, which is what it turned out to be. These were brown sugar flavored.


This is my niece, Erin, with the mochi in her teeth. She hated it.

I am going to do another post on Jungle Jim's next weekend because it really deserves a multi-post dedication. It's huge. They have a monorail. They have eateries inside. A cooking school. They own THE SS MINNOW and it is suspended above the seafood department. See? You want to know more. Don't worry. I'm on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment