I've been baking a lot for my co-workers lately. I really love them and I really love baking, so the combination is perfect, or may haps a result of this phenomenon. But let's not dwell, let's eat.
While working in the middle of the stacks, 2 floors and about a football field away from the supply closet, I realized I'd settled down to work without a stack of papers I needed to flag certain books. Seeing that Chris was not yet settled in his chair, I decided to be lazy and ask him if he would run to the supplies and grab me a stack of papers.
I've never seen anyone run so fast in my life. You should also know that Chris is about 6'4" and 280 lbs. Another co-worker, Michael, looked up from his work as Chris bolted by and said "what the f**k was that?" He was so excited about the idea of Reese's Cup Cookies that he didn't realize that he had his own stack of papers on his desk that could have shared with me! That's the power of peanut butter & chocolate!
To be fair, I also made the lemon cookies ;)
Reese's Cup Cookies
- 2 sticks of softened butter (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 25 Reese's Cup Miniatures (unwrapped)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and then beat in cornstarch and powdered sugar until well blended.
- add flour & cocoa beat well.
- wrap a tablespoon of dough around a reese's cup and pinch closed all over. place on cookie sheet.
- bake 12 minutes.