Monday, October 31, 2011
Here we are in our 2nd installment in testing out Weight Watchers Points Plus recipes from the weekly meetings! This was the recipe for this past week, October 23rd - 29th, 2011.
I made the following modifications, which affected the points plus value:
- I used a 19.2 ounce box of brownie mix instead of 21.
- I decreased the amount of icing by about 1/3. Anymore wouldn't have fit on top of each cupcake.
- I baked them about 5 minutes longer than the original directions. Just because of their size.
Mine ended up as 6 points plus with the things I changed in e-tools.
I highly recommend them! I'll keep making them all year
Hope you enjoyed these pictures of what I've found fun! Do you take pictures of all the random stuff you see?
Sunday, October 30, 2011
I made the following changes to the recipe ( I LOVE that about e-tools!):
- It serves 4 instead of 6. Why? Because I don't like eating the same thing 3 days in a row. 2 is good, and since there are only 2 peeps in this home, 4 is better than 6.
- I used boneless, skinless breasts instead of thighs. Why? Because Key Food in Greenpoint was out of thighs.
- I used vegetable oil instead of canola. Why? because that's what I had.
- I used a large red onion instead of shallots. Why? Key Food didn't have shallots. Of course they didn't.
- I used some dry bouillon instead of stock. Why? I had it.
- I didn't use any sage because I thought I had some, and totally didn't.
- I used dried thyme.
Wow. I really made this recipe my own. Also, this bumped the points plus value up to 11.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
*Don't actually forget the falafel cart. I love you, Halal lamb over rice with salad and Tzaziki sauce at 2 in the morning...When you live in NYC, you'll understand this, too.
Friday, October 14, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Would you just look at that? Sour Cream and Onion Mashed Potatoes and Glazed Meatloaf. That's tomato gravy in the little boat. Ryan always requests this for his birthday, and I'm more than willing to comply. In addition to using all these beautiful pieces of fiesta ware, I tried new recipes for everything. My favorite cooking mag of all time, Cook's Country didn't let me down. Do you guys know about this? It's from the makers of America's Test Kitchen. You should run yourself to a bookstore right now and discover the loveliestness that it is. Every recipe is tested so many times that it's IMPOSSIBLE to screw it up!
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
I'm so happy to be getting all of these photos off the camera. They've been on there for so long! I hope you're enjoying all of them!