Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tom + Chee

Tom + Chee. I don't even know where to begin. A whole place devoted to nothing but tomato soup and grilled cheese. It started as a little stand on Fountain Square during the ice skating season, and morphed into this. It's awesome.

http://www.facebook.com/4TomAndChee
This was my lunch. Creamy tomato basil soup and a grilled cheese made out of bacon and cheddar, and instead of bread...a donut. Yes, a glazed donut. Cut in half, turned cut-side out, buttered and grilled. I can honestly say that I have never had anything like in my life. This makes me eager to try a cheeseburger on a donut, which some places have, and I had previously turned my snobby nose at. I tried it here at Tom + Chee because it was the special and I'm glad I did.

These were Ryan's choices: beer cheese soup and a hot and spicy grilled cheese, which came with pepperoni and tasted like pizza. The soup was also a little spicy, but lacked beer flavor. His sammie was really satisfying though.
Below is the inside. We were there on a Saturday afternoon and there were only two others in the whole place, but I've heard that the weekday lunch rush is outta control.
And then, on the way home, we saw GREEN MAN! It couldn't have been a better day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh... my... gosh... I got heartburn just LOOKING at that grilled cheese on a donut! Oh my stars. WOW. I have heard of hamburgers on Krispy Kremes... but grilled cheese on a glazed donut... wow... The soups sound so good. Beer cheese? Yum... Spicey grilled cheese? Yum. Oh my gosh, this is making me hungry. Great review, awesome pictures. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete