Monday, October 8, 2012

19 weeks


Really, it's just the shirt that's making me look like there's a belly there. Still no real, discernible bump.

This week was a real headache. Literally. I had two killer ones and took Tylenol to quell them. Tylenol is the only painkiller you can take during pregnancy, because everything else threatens to constrict blood vessels to the baby. I never take Tylenol though because it tears up your liver. I feel badly taking it because it might also be shredding little Flannery O'Conor Flannery's* biggest organ as well. It's a hard pill to swallow - pun intended. I've tried all of the other remedies; walking, napping, water, scalp massage, etc. Nothing but the Tylenol works, and even then, only the pain goes away. I can still feel the pulsating sensation in my skull. I called the Dr. today, but had to leave her a message because she was delivering a baby. I asked her how often it was safe to take Tylenol. Some other googling offered that a half a cup of caffeinated coffee is safe for relieving a headache, so I tried that today, but it didn't work either. Any Mamas out there have any answers?

You may also notice my lovely Belly Band. It's a garment that you wear at the top of your pants, like a pull-on belt, that allows you to wear your pants un-zipped without them falling to your ankles. It's the best thing ever. I throughly plan on wearing after pregnancy, especially at Thanksgiving, and Ryan asked for one.

This week in cravings:
- strawberry soft serve ice cream from Ameri-stop. I have no idea why, but what I do know is that they only serve it on Sunday
- crab rangoon
- Tom Kha Gai (acquired!)
- creamy fish chowder (?!?!)
- almond joy
- stuffed shells
- cheez-its
- nutty bars (scored! a lovely co-worker came to the rescue!)

next week, week 20! Half way!


4 comments:

  1. Yay for halfwayness. Don't take it for granted, it will be over before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't believe it's almost halfway over. I went to the doctor the second I found out that I was pregnant, at 5 weeks, and we couldn't see her on the ultrasound screen, and now she is 6 1/2 inches. It's surreal.

      Delete
  2. I took a hypnobirthing class to help me prepare for an unmedicated labor and delivery, but had the unintended (and much appreciated!) "side effect" of being able to use the techniques I learned in class to alleviate headaches and heartburn. I would recommend hypnobirthing for the those reasons alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So interesting! Thanks so much! I'm looking into it as we speak!

      Delete