Monday, December 17, 2012

28 & 29 weeks!

28 weeks

28 weeks.

28 weeks

It's getting too cold to take pictures outside, and it's been raining the past 2 Sundays in a row. Boo.

29 weeks

29 weeks

29 weeks

Wow. It's really getting close. I have my gestational diabetes test tomorrow and I'll be sure to let you all know how that goes. I'm really not looking forward to it because everyone says that the glucose drink they make you chug is awful. I picked the bottle up at my last appointment, and I drink an hour before my appointment tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers really tightly that I don't find out that I have something as terrible as diabetes the week before Christmas. I'm looking forward to gorging on holiday food exactly 6 days from today. I also don't want a 12 pound baby. 9 is maybe the maximum I could deal with. No one else in my family (that I know of) had gestational diabetes, but my Mom has regular Type 2 diabetes. I'm not sure if that puts me at risk, but I'm happy knowing that only 4-7% of pregnancies develop diabetes, and it goes away immediately after the cord is cut. I have 3 pints of Graeter's in the freezer and I'm going to be really depressed if I have to wait until March 4th to eat it!

As far as Princess Flannery's growth is concerned, I feel her somersaulting A LOT these days. I barely got any sleep last night. I knew that was coming because I barely felt her move at all yesterday during the day, I don't think even once, and then the second I tried to fall asleep, she thought that was a really dumb idea. I was 15 minutes late to work because I just couldn't drag myself out this morning. Luckily, I have a very understanding boss :)

I haven't been craving much lately. The only thing I wrote down that I really wanted was a Mango Lassi from an Indian restaurant, but that's it.


1 comment:

  1. Mango lassi, the best! You look so great pregnant! She will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete