Tuesday, December 18, 2012

12 Cookies of Christmas - "Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, my ass. I saw this recipe on plain chicken and was really excited to try it.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was pumped when the instructions required browning the butter first. I love things made with browned butter. They add such a beautiful, roasted nutty flavor to baked goods.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

And instead of regular, semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Trader Joe's chopped up bits of peppermint bark. I applaud Trader Joe's for this product. Giving peppermint bark as a gift is getting old, people. If anyone gives us anymore this year, I'm going to chop it up myself and make cookies again with it, only using the recipe on the back of the Trader Joe's chips bag.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I should have stuck with it.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

Then another interesting step. You cream the butter and eggs and sugar with intervals of rest. It made a custardy base.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are the baking chips. They tasted good straight out of the bag.


"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

And then you throw everything else together.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

And bake them like normal cookies.

"Perfect" Chocolate Chip Cookies

And they allegedly turn out perfect. They are not perfect. They are just kinda, "eh." They didn't taste very good after a few days, either. I think the browned butter custard process made them...over-processed.

Here is the recipe: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha... a recipe do it yourself for gross cookies. Best DIY I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you? Been missing your updates! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete