Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Caramel Cookies, Weight Watchers Points Plus 2012, 1 Points Plus

These are delicious. I made them this evening for Ryan to take to work tomorrow for Hump Day and he has just run out of the kitchen with an entire stack. They are super thin and crispy. Ryan suggested adding cocoa and making some buttercream frosting so that we can make our own Oreos.

Caramel Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar*
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour*
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour*
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly.

Scrape dough out of dough and onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll dough into a log, about 2 1/2 inches wide; completely wrap dough in plastic wrap** and refrigerate until firm, at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.

Cut dough into 1/8-inch-thick slices and arrange on several large ungreased** cookie sheets about 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.***

Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.

* I didn't have enough brown sugar, so I had to use 9 tablespoons of dark brown sugar and 7 tablespoons of white sugar. I also didn't have enough all purpose flour and didn't have whole wheat flour at all. I used 3/4 cup of all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of cake flour.

** Because I didn't use enough flour, my dough was really sticky. Next time, I won't roll it out into a log. I had to drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheets by the teaspoon full. I was also afraid to use ungreased cookie sheets, so I used parchment paper.

*** Too long. They will burn. 7 minutes was perfect.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment