Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pretzel Chicken


This is one of our favorite meals. I know it looks like a pork chop, but that is because I pound the chicken into a super thin cutlet and I'm not very good at it. I also made red potatoes roasted with olive oil and black pepper, and creamed spinach from the Weight Watchers website.

I also usually make a cheddar mustard sauce with this pretzel chicken and I left it out for this particular meal because of the obvious calorie count. I missed it. A lot.

Anywho, I would make this pronto if I were you!

Pretzel Chicken
4 Chicken breasts, pounded thin
pepper
1/4 cup of flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of pretzels, crushed into course crumbs.
canola oil for frying (this is for the best result, but I used a very precise amount of olive oil because of WW)

- heat oil in skillet and pepper your cutlets
- place the flour in a shallow dish, the eggs in another shallow dish and the pretzels in a 3rd shallow dish ( I use pie tins)
- dredge the cutlets in that order <> and fry.

Enjoy. Lemme know if you want the cheddar mustard sauce recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment