Saturday, September 17, 2011

Brooklyn Brewery!

 So many times I've imbibed in a tasty beverage from Brooklyn Brewery without giving any thought as to how or where it was made. Honestly, I don't think a lot about where my beer was made, unless it's something fun & new. I certainly never put Brooklyn Brewery + Brooklyn Home-Sweet-Home together, so when Karlen came to visit and mentioned she was a fan of the Pennant Ale, I knew where to head to entertain her! As a plus, we could walk the place!
 Above we have some malt. Honestly, we'd already done the tasting of 4 beers at this point, and I didn't take notes, so I'm not really sure what these pictures are of, other than where they brew the beer. They bottle & can it Utica, NY, though.
 A fun fact that I remember is that Milton Glaser came up with the name and logo for the company, and he gets a cut of profit for helping the two founders out so much in the beginning and a weekly allotment of beer, which he picks up every week!
They offer 2 kinds of tours at the brewery, one on Mondays-Thursdays from 5-7, which is $8 and includes a tasting of 4 beers and a free glass. On the weekends, they have a beer hall open and free tours, but it doesn't include tastings. Ryan was super jealous, so I might have to take him this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment