Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weight Watcher's Cider Braised Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Sage 8 PP+

 I'm going to start posting all of the Weight Watchers recipes that I make. I'm in a rut with WW. I still go every week, but I've plateau-ed with my weight loss. It's no mystery though. It's definitely because I've been drinking tons of beer, eating out and being a lazy bum. BUT NO MORE!
 Every week when you attend a weight watchers meeting, you get a little magazine and there is a featured recipe in it. I make almost all of them, so I thought you might enjoy seeing them. I always make adjustments using e-tools, so I'll outline those, too. Here we have Cider Braised Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes for 8 Points Plus. We loved it! You can find the recipe on Weightwatchers.com

I made the following changes to the recipe ( I LOVE that about e-tools!):
- It serves 4 instead of 6. Why? Because I don't like eating the same thing 3 days in a row. 2 is good, and since there are only 2 peeps in this home, 4 is better than 6.
- I used boneless, skinless breasts instead of thighs. Why? Because Key Food in Greenpoint was out of thighs.
- I used vegetable oil instead of canola. Why? because that's what I had.
- I used a large red onion instead of shallots. Why? Key Food didn't have shallots. Of course they didn't.
- I used some dry bouillon instead of stock. Why? I had it.
- I didn't use any sage because I thought I had some, and totally didn't.
- I used dried thyme.

Wow. I really made this recipe my own. Also, this bumped the points plus value up to 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment