Sunday, October 30, 2011
Weight Watcher's Cider Braised Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Sage 8 PP+
I made the following changes to the recipe ( I LOVE that about e-tools!):
- It serves 4 instead of 6. Why? Because I don't like eating the same thing 3 days in a row. 2 is good, and since there are only 2 peeps in this home, 4 is better than 6.
- I used boneless, skinless breasts instead of thighs. Why? Because Key Food in Greenpoint was out of thighs.
- I used vegetable oil instead of canola. Why? because that's what I had.
- I used a large red onion instead of shallots. Why? Key Food didn't have shallots. Of course they didn't.
- I used some dry bouillon instead of stock. Why? I had it.
- I didn't use any sage because I thought I had some, and totally didn't.
- I used dried thyme.
Wow. I really made this recipe my own. Also, this bumped the points plus value up to 11.