Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Cincinnati Bucket List magically found an entire day dedicated to it.

 
It was the last day I had off of work before I take Ryan to the airport and kiss him goodbye for 2 whole weeks. I planned a day of things we'll miss.

First up was Chicago Gyros. I'm sure there are gyros in NYC, but we've yet to find better ones than these anywhere, including Chicago! This is our go-to when we're craving grease.


 And the Greyhound Tavern. Many say, including The Lee Bros., that it's the best fried chicken in the South. We can never get over the Hot Browns there, and have never had the fried chicken. We figured since it would be a long time since we got back there, it was time. We discovered that we'd been missing the best fried chicken indeed for years. Damn. It came with everything you see here!
The Hall of Justice. I mean, Union Terminal, Cincinnati's Museum Center.
Confusion over this familiar looking building is justified, though:
Image via technorrhexis
They were playing the I-max film Tornado Alley.

We also went to Krohn Conservatory's Annual Butterfly Show, but that will be for another post because we took about 75 pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Lately we've been loving the gyro place on Ludlow (since I'm a veggie, I haven't tried the gyros, but the falafel is fantastic). I'm sure you'll find good replacements for the Cincinnati staples in NYC, but there's something so comforting about eating at old favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! I want to try that place so badly because I've heard that it's gotten even better since it changed ownership, but I can't fall in love with another restaurant right before leaving!

    ReplyDelete